Collection of your Personal Information
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Berlinica does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Berlinica may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. Berlinica may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Berlinica, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Berlinica may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Berlinica or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Berlinica; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Berlinica, or the public.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. If you buy a book by clicking on a link served by Amazon, Berlinica will receive a referral fee.
Likewise, we are also a participant in the Indiebound affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to independent bookstores. If you buy a book by clicking on a link served by Indiebound, Berlinica will receive a referral fee. Indiebound is a subsidiary of the American Booksellers Association. We strongly encourage readers to buy from independent book stores.
We are looking forward to Barnes&Noble developing a stable affiliate program that does not require a degree in IT.
We are also a participant in the affiliate advertising programs of Zazzle.com and Cafepress.com designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to merchandise stores that sell Berlinica-related merchandise. If you buy a T-shirt or any other item by clicking on a link served by Zazzle or Cafepress, Berlinica will receive a referral fee.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Berlinica. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Berlinica website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Berlinica does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Disconnecting your Berlinica Account from Third Party Websites
You will be able to connect your Berlinica account to third party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR BERLINICA ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third party account at any time by signing out of Facebook or Twitter before entering either website through Berlinica.com
From time to time, Berlinica may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Berlinica or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Berlinica, you may opt out of such communications by click unsubscribe.
Changes to this Statement
Effective as of November 1, 2020
Berlinica welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Berlinica has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Berlinica at:
Berlinica Publishing LLC 255 W 43rd St, Suite 1012
New York, New York 10036 Email Address: email@example.com Telephone number: 212-575-5586